Thursday, December 18, 2008

Just thought it would be fun to post a few pictures to recap our time in Uganda, as we leave tomorrow for Lake Victoria back on the Kenya side.
One of many Boda Boda rides into town.
We decided to take it easy for our birthdays, relax, and go swimming!


Chillin out on our hammock.

Adam has decided to open his own chipati company when we come home, therefore he has been mastering the art.

Adams buddy Adam. His brother from another mother.

This is me learning how to cook Ugandan food. The fire pit was too hot, so I had to have help with the peanut sauce.

My friend Sarah and her 2 kids plus one on the way outside of their house, she is only 20! I love her, she is so cute!

Trying to learn how to carry water from the river the right way. All women do this twice a day, and the hill from the river is super steep!

Adams daily routine of helping an elderly man carry his jerry cans back from the river.









4 comments:

Luke and Lindsy said...

Hey Sarah. I just wanted to say that I am so excited about all the things you have done and all the pictures I have seen. I think it is so great what you and Adam are doing. You look so happy!! Be safe. You may or may not agree, but you are changing the world. i have so much respect and appreciation for that. The two of you are a great example to me. Thanks for that.

Lindsy Wilson(Strickland)

michelle said...

just got caught up.

the pictures are just great. this is 2nd nature to ya'll ... i love it.

how did you get hooked up with all of these people? Did one thing just lead to the next? either way, so cool.

prayers and blessings sweet friend.

Tom and Sara said...

Adam & Sarah,
So wonderful to see what you have been experiencing. Live, Love, Experience! What an adventure.
Tom and I are so happy that you have made this journey possible.
I loved your 'home' in Jinja and I am awaiting Adam's Chapati.
We will depart for Thailand the 15th, looking forward to our adventures there.
ENJOY!!
Love from Tom & Sara

J-Babe said...

Love all the pictures! Thanks for blogging about it and sharing your experiences! It is neat to see a different culture and how they live. Hope all is well:)